Pages

Tuesday 22 May 2018

Washing up with soap.

The soap I made last week is just about ready and I'm almost out of washing up liquid. I would ideally leave the soap another week as it's a bit too alkali for my liking, but I'm not sure how much that will change over time. To be safe I used rubber gloves. I'm not sure how well this experiment will work really. I'm not using plastic bottles, but instead I need rubber gloves!!! To be fair though, I usually need rubber gloves anyway as I get excema on my hands from washing liquid!

So, here is the result. Very hot water with the soap rubbed on the sponge. The plates and cutlery were good and clean, some dishes needed soaking and the greasy pans needed a lot of soap and extra hot water. This will take a bit of getting used to and possibly the convenience of washing liquid may well tempt me back, especially as it's pretty cheap for a bottle compared to the hassle of getting the ingredients and making the soap. However, the soap is excellent for washing clothes and costs around 25p a bar. 
I'll see how I last through the week.

5 comments:

  1. Well done for trying and I hope it works. Doesn't Rhonda Jean have a special recipe for that? Or is it just washing powder she has replaced with her own recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim - have you come across a book called The Encyclopaedia of Country Living by Carla Emery? 100s of pages of how to do everything associated with country living, and worth investing in. There are several copies on Ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you :) Oh gosh Alex has eczema too on his hands and we recently tried an organic goat milk soap and it actually made them worse. We had to go back to the Dove body wash stuff which I hate but his skin is so sensitive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your post good blog on site,Thanks for your sharing.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete