Pages

Saturday 9 June 2018

Quiet.

I've been absent from my blog for a little while but I'm forcing myself to sit down and write.
I suppose you could say that I ran out of words. My head was so tired that thinking was almost painful. I've needed a little time to retreat into myself and sort out my head.
I've put myself under such a lot of pressure lately, cleaning the never ending messy house, trying to learn French, sorting the animals, moving into the Studio and all while dealing with more than a dozen dirty fleeces. I guess a little breakdown was inevitable!!!

 I was getting worn out and my neck seized up, forcing me to book an appointment for a massage. I had a Reiki session at the same time and it ended with me in floods of tears. It was a great release and I realised that I felt like I was carrying the world on my shoulders. I had to start saying no to people. Slowly now I'm beginning to get back to normal, but I still have a little anxiety in the back of my mind about the jobs that still need to be done. I have seedlings growing out of their pots and an army of slugs waiting for me to plant up the veg beds!!! Some of my courgettes have already fed a good many slugs, but when the rain stops, I'll get my revenge!

The Studio was finished last week and I spent a lot of time painting the walls and ceiling, which only made my bad neck worse! It was lovely to see it finished though!
 The dresser that was left behind was given a facelift with a pot of home made chalk paint.

 I love it now and want to get another one for the kitchen but T isn't so sure!
 I love my Studio, it's such a calm and peaceful place to sit and work. I've managed to do so much spinning and knitting :D
 The cats are beginning to visit the Studio, but Piper claimed her spot as soon as the mats were down!
The outside has been tidied and landscaped by my lovely son and soon I hope to have wildflowers growing all along the front and roses at the side.
I'm taking it easy today, just a little spinning and reading :D

3 comments:

  1. I hope you can relax a bit and feel better. It's hard, I know with so many things you need to take care of. Your new studio looks fabulous.
    Pat 💐

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that the massage and Reiki helped you. We put ourselves under so much stress at times. I have an army of well grown cauliflower seedlings waiting to be planted and nowhere to put them right now and I can't garden too long because of the pollen! Ah well, I can always compost all but half a dozen and put those in big individual pots!

    Cut yourself some slack, relax doing what you WANT to do. Ignore the untidy house (it won't go away, I promise) and give yourself a day off.

    I love your studio and how you have filled it. It's good to have a totally ME place. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post really ! I apperciate your blog Thanks for sharing,keep sharing more blogs.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete