Pages

Thursday 25 January 2024

Late

 


The mornings are always slow to start in my little corner of the world.

It's 8.30 here in Brittany but still a little early to let the poultry out, so I'm sat in bed watching the sky slowly grow lighter as the many tiny birds in my garden sing to greet the new day.

And even as I type, the sky beyond the trees is getting darker, filling with the promise of another rain filled day. Last week we had freezing temperatures down to minus 5 a few times & now we're back to the typical relentless Brittany rain. My roof is so full of holes that I'm contemplating sticking bright umbrellas out of them! It'll look  pretty at least!

I'm happy, sat here with my window open, gathering my thoughts while another menopausal flush contributes to global warming!

Wishing you all a peaceful & gentle day ❤️



3 comments:

  1. Here in Kentucky, USA, we have gone from 10 days of snow and freezing temps to rain and a grey fog that wants to come into the house. Retirement means [among other things] that I don't need to strive to become a 'morning person'--its not that I wish to stay late in bed--just don't have the day pounce at me first thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's also the beauty of being self employed, I can choose my own hours. Knowing when to stop can be a problem though 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rain, rain, rain here too! And so much mud! We had to replace our leaky roof a couple years ago, very expensive and painful to the pocket, but at least we are dry now.

    ReplyDelete