Pages

Wednesday 7 June 2017

Not the Golden Fleece!

Anyone remember those lovely adventure films like Sinbad and Jason and the Argonauts? I loved them to bits especially the way the dull old fleece suddenly bloomed golden and lustrous. I've had real fleeces that have behaved in much the same way, started out dowdy and dull and then after one wash become a thing of beauty. Not so with the hecking Polwarth! Yes I could swear I'm that fed up with it!  I think that leaving it in the grease in it's bag for a year hasn't helped as some of it has started to mat and felt all by itself! I cleaned and processed so much last year though that I thought I'd give it one last chance.
 Two washes in the Unicorn Power Scour and some of it is still soft and pliable.
 Some I have hope for and some will just make lovely soft (and expensive) shoe insoles!
It looks like some kind of art installation in my garden! I wonder what the neighbours are thinking? They should be used to me by now ;)

It's funny, I've been packing and clearing out for the move and one of the first things packed and ready are my bags of clean fleeces!!!  I guess that tells the whole story right there :D

3 comments:

  1. Hello!!! New follower, I saw your comment on Kymber's blog (Frambois Manor) and I always like to visit new people. Love that you like Walking Dead, one of our faves too. Off to read back through your blog. I'll add you to the blogroll on our blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello 1st Man, thank you for visiting and leaving a comment :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.
    บอลพรุ่งนี้

    ReplyDelete