Pages

Friday 9 June 2017

Helloooo :D

A big hello to you lovely new blogging friends :D  It's good to get messages from new people and read about our similar journeys through an often turbulent world.

The need to get away and grow a few herbs or veggies is very strong in many people these days. I think it has a lot to do with taking control of a small part of your life. Growing herbs for health, vegetables and flowers for well-being. It's not a new trend, it comes in and out of fashion on TV, but here in blogland it's possible to see that it means a great deal to so many people that it can encourage huge lifestyle changes.

It's been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember and when I was at school I dearly wanted to go to Agricultural college, but wasn't allowed, for various reasons! The ambition never left me though and after collecting an Ark of animals over the years, I realised that I needed a much bigger place to live with them.  Now I have my dear BF beside me, our dreams have merged and so off we go to France. Yes, it's scary and nerve-wracking, but it's more scary to sit still and simply talk about it.

Finn is back from the vet and I've been told to stop worrying! He's most likely stressed by all the people in and out of  the house and the frequent visits from the new Tomcat in the village (AKA Spicy nuts!!!). I mainly wanted Finn's thyroid checked as my old cat had hyperthyroidism and became very thin over a short space of time. However, all seems to be well but we'll be popping back in a few weeks for a follow up.

ps. Spicy nuts got his name as I was watching him lurking in the garden while Moomin read out a recipe title. We got our wires a little crossed but the name has stuck :D

6 comments:

  1. I would hazard a guess that it is an apt name for a free ranging Tom cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am glad that Finn is ok...i worry about a few of my cats as they are getting up there in age.

    but i think you hit the nail on the head with the encouragement that other bloggers can provide to each other in regards to eating healthy, growing your own food, etc.

    and i cannot wait to hear about all of your adventures in france!

    your new friend,
    kymber/xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, you're quite right :D

    Thanks for the support Kymber.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are lucky to be young and starting a new adventure. Perfectly at peace by the way in growing old, all of a sudden there is no need to strive. As for your little cat don't worry too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, youngish, Thelma, haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.
    บอลพรุ่งนี้

    ReplyDelete