Pages

Saturday 19 October 2019

Whoosh part 2.

This week has gone with a whoosh as well! I had every intention of finishing my story of my trip to and from England the next day but when I got up I could hear a terrible coughing coming from the field. Poor Merlin pony was having a very hard time and the vet had to be called. A cold in a pony with breathing problems can quickly get out of hand and Merlin had developed a bad chest infection. It's been a difficult week indeed!

So I got back to find the little Talie had not only hung around, but had moved in as well. The other cats grumble sometimes but on the whole he is allowed to be with them. This is the late night supper of biccies, they get very upset if I don't do it. I'm not sure it will continue when we get the new floor down!!! The only cat missing from this line up is the very shy and also new Solo.
 At first Talie was bright and lovely but after just a day or two I noticed a huge change in him. He stayed in his bed all day and suddenly lost his voice. I wasn't going to take any chances and rushed him to the vet. My usual vet wouldn't fit me in, so I sat outside another where I knew they took in emergencies and waited for a slot.
 We sat in my car and Talie walked pee all over me and the dashboard while I cleaned out his cat carrier! By the time the vet saw me, I stank like a crazy cat lady. The vet was very gracious! Talie was diagnosed with early symptoms of cat flu, it was lucky that we caught it early!
 Lots of antibiotics and money later, he was almost back to normal. I love this picture of him, but I look utterly wrecked! I was!!!
Soon after Talie got sick, Piper also went down with the flu and thankfully the vet had given me extra antibiotics in case any of the others caught it!
So it's been a week of sick animals all round and I'm almost dead on my feet!!! Thankfully they're all on the mend at last!

4 comments:

  1. Talie is a total cutie! And, you certainly had your nurse's hat on all week. Hope everyone stays healthy, you included.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh....I'm sending you lots of healing energy Yarrow, for the kitties, your pony AND for you!!! The line of cats with their biccies is very cute! I can only imagine how awful the vet bill was last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness when it rains sick fur babies it pours. Talie is so sweet looking. I hope everyone is over their sick times and you are also feeling less crazed from it all. Take care, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long distance hugs for you and the animals--having sick pets is a big worry. I hope they all continue to mend and you can have some rest.

    ReplyDelete