Pages

Sunday 13 October 2019

Another whoosh!

Really? Am I only able to post once a month? Well, I must try harder!!!

So much happens all the time and I just can't keep up with living it, let alone writing about it!

The potager is ticking along and the pond is starting to naturalise, thank goodness. I managed to get some tasks finished before taking my son back to England, but we didn't get it all done! Just before he left a little black cat turned up and my son told me that I must stop taking in strays, silly boy ;) I name the cat Solo which of course meant that I'd fallen for him and hoped he would stay. My lovely ginger tom Finbarr sealed the deal with a mouse laid carefully at Solo's feet! Solo was woefully thin and we could see the skin along his spin where his fur was patchy, a sign of malnutrition. He was just a fluffy head on legs!
A few weeks later a small bundle of white fluff over bones turned up and my son was stern but also smitten! I've not had a kitten for years and I soon found out why, they're hard work!!!

 I fell very much in love and as I was still reading Moonheart, I named him Taliesin.
I made him promise to hang around while I took my trip to the uk and set off. It was such a difficult visit with so many mixed emotions. I was so happy to see my lovely Moomin but sad to be taking my son back. I enjoyed the luxury of a hotel but missed my farm so very much!

 We walked along the shore where Manchee and Walley used to run and play and I shed a few tears for our lovely Walley.
We also took lots of silly photos :D

I had a great day refreshing some Reiki training and had a much needed treatment. Soon the week was over and saying goodbye to my lovely young people was absolutely hell. I'm so proud of how they've grown and taken control of their lives <3  I'm surprised I didn't crash on the way to the ferry as I was trying to focus on driving and not crying!!!!


More tomorrow, it's late, I'm tired and have a nasty old fibro flare threatening!!!



3 comments:

  1. Flares are the worst. I've had seven flares so far this year. It seems that the older I get the worse they are and the more I get. Kittens that are tired of being on their own usually seek out someone to take care of them and love them. I've taken in three kittens in my time here on earth and they were all skin and bones when they came to me. Poor babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kittens are so precious and sooooo much trouble. My two have made me question my sanity several times every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kitty is so cute! Sorry about your fibro flare, I hope it wasn't too bad for you! The photos are cute Yarrow! :)

    ReplyDelete