Pages

Monday 21 October 2019

Late to the party!

I know many people refuse to even hear the word Christmas before Halloween and bonfire night are out of the way, and I used to be the same. However, Christmas markets are my biggest times for earning and promoting my business so I need to be on the case right away. I think I've left it a bit late again! So much has taken priority over my work this year, not surprising really.

The Potager has been wonderful but has kept me so busy all summer. Yesterday I cleared out the squash bed and harvested everything for winter. Lots of soups and curries for us :D
I replaced all the squash with a kitten, not that I need any more!!!


Not a bad harvest really, although I would have liked more butternut and I'm not even sure what the green ones are! They came in an Heirloom mix!



We've started a new tradition in our house, Trash date night! I bought my darling man the Guy Fierri triple D recipe book and we love it. It's too heavy to eat that kind of food regularly, but once a month is perfectly fine!
Here we had totally overloaded hot dogs with onions and mushrooms with a spicy corn relish and very spicy baked wedges.  It was divine :D
We're due another trash night next week as it's usually the Saturday closest to the end of the month, but this month is a little messed up as the big party in the village will be on the 31st and this week is too hectic. Anyhoo, trash night will be on the 2nd October and we haven't yet decided what to make. Best get that book out :D

4 comments:

  1. OMG! Trash night sounds like what I do for David once every two weeks except on holidays. I make him something that would make him soooo happy and I have something Asian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it a bit too much, Leanna, that's why it's restricted. I would be the size of a house quite quickly!!!

      Delete
  2. Interesting bunch of squashes you harvested. Curious what you do with them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, I've been looking up recipes this morning. I'll share my adventures this week :D

      Delete