Pages

Saturday 24 February 2018

Colour me happy.

The weather is due to turn really cold across Europe next week, so we're making sure we have plenty of fuel and food for us all.
I love this landscape, old, cold and magical. When I walk these woods, I can feel the land breathing through the soles of my feet. The energy rises through me and takes away any blues it energises me but at the same time grounds me. I can take these gorgeous colours and see them in my art, visualise them in my wool. While I'm walking and feeling happy, I'm still working. It's work I love, so maybe it's not work at all?
I get home to work on the shawl, ready to weave cool blues and greens into a gorgeous scarf. Bambam thinks it's a lovely day to help me  :D
It's hot in the conservatory out of the wind. Too hot maybe for Dexter so he climbed into the weaving box and offered support from there :D
The scarf is brighter in real life but I love how it's progressing. The dark stripes are my homespun wool and the main colour is a ball of Acrylic that Moomin brought back from the Uk for me. Soon my scarves and shawls will be all homespun wool. Sometimes though, people prefer acrylic or are allergic to pure wool, so it's good to have a variety of fibers to work with.
These colours are also showing in the pools that have appeared in Merlin's hollow. Have I mentioned Merlin's hollow before? There are a series of natural hollows in the woods behind our house. They're magical and remind me of places in books and movies that Merlin often had his little hut/house. Several are lined with stone and after all the heavy rainfall lately, they filled with water and haven't yet drained.
This one here is deep enough for me to swim in but it's freakin cold and I'm sure will have gone by the time it's warm enough to even dip a toe! Wally can't get enough of the water though and loves swimming in even the coldest waters!
The land here is altering my view of the world, my art and my life. It's great to be connected to this beautiful place that I love so much <3

8 comments:

  1. I do miss having cats...but the road is so....well not overly busy but people don't seem to read the speed limit correctly. If only I could scoop up the cottage and move it cats would be a feature! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a shame about the road, I couldn't live without my cats.

      Delete
  2. Your photos, as always, make me want to move there! It is truly lovely, and so magical! The weaving is coming right along, isn't it? And such good helpers, too! May your days be happy and full! Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kim, I have to pinch myself every day!

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful place and I envy you your conservatory. We don't have one here but we have a summer house on order and intend to use that instead. Enjoy your weaving, looks good. Have you ever tried bamboo yarn for those people who can't tolerate wool?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a brilliant idea Chris, thank you :D

      Delete
  4. Love the place you live, and you seem so happy, and that is what life is all about. I am spinning some Tussah silk at the moment but want to wait till summer for dyeing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Thelma, we really are happy :D I've not tried Tussah silk, I think I have enough wool for now though ;)

      Delete