Pages

Friday 23 February 2018

Ups and downs ( a long post).

I really couldn't think of a better blog title. It's been a time of many emotions. Just when we get things going smoothly we get a set back. Nothing too awful, but stressful all the same. My car developed problems with the wipers in November and I tried to get it fixed when we were in England. It was frustrating to say the least. In January the wipers stopped completely and I became trapped in the house due to all the rain. I finally found an English mechanic who I should have walked away from as I just had a bad feeling. Well, the picture below shows the switch to control the wipers! If it rains, I have to stop the car, open the bonnet and turn the wipers on!
You may wonder why I accepted my car in this ridiculous condition? Well, I felt lucky to get the car back at all and the mechanic wouldn't hand over the keys until I paid! I'm not normally the most outspoken person, unless really pushed and to be honest, I felt very intimidated. I've since found out that this man makes a living from ripping people off and bullying them if they complain! I was just glad to get away!
A good thing was a beautiful bunch of flowers from T's Mum when she came to visit. They've lasted for a few weeks and are just gorgeous <3
The weather has finally started to improve and the rain has stopped for now, yay :D I don't mind the cold frosty mornings, they're invigorating :D
I think this has to be my best bread yet! It was so soft and fluffy and great for sandwiches and toast.
Look at that lovely crumb, I'm so full of myself, haha :D
We took the dogs to the lake to escape the sound of T bashing tiles off the walls and floor in the old bathroom. This is my favourite place to be, the next best thing to the beach.
The sun was still shining when we went for a road trip to visit a very lovely lady who breeds the Ouessant sheep. The little white girl came and licked my hand and I'm afraid my fate was sealed! I'm so in love with these little sheep and their placid but enquiring natures.
You can see how small they are, they are only knee high! Smaller than both of our dogs! Their wool is variable, but you know, I just don't care. I'm in love and that's it <3
I spun some wool, not my best to be honest and I tried Navajo plying which was awful. I didn't feel like knitting it, so I used some of it to warp my loom.
The wool was brought back from England for me by Moomin and the cool greens and greys together with the greeny/blue wool I spun reminded me of the colours of the lake in winter, so I'm hoping the scarf will be a perfect reflection of my favourite lake.


6 comments:

  1. Bread...flowers...and a loom...oh you lucky woman! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took a very long and difficult time to get here :D

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh I HATE bullies of all types. How awful...you know Yarrow, you have that gut feeling for a reason. I have had times when I haven't listened and boy did I regret it. I understand though, finding an English mechanic where you are is rare...but what a jerk.

    Your bread is GLORIOUS!!! :) Nothing like a favourite loaf! I've found the recipe we love and I won't try anything else now! :) Those sheep are so small! I'd have fallen in love too. Look at that pretty lake and that pretty gal! :) I hope you're doing well now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw, thank you sweet friend, I've not been called a pretty gal before <3

      Delete
  3. So sorry that guy cheated you like that. That bread looks delicious! I love that picture of the woods and the sheep are so tiny. I've never seen sheep that tiny. Beautiful color of yarn. Please show us the scarf when you finish.

    ReplyDelete