Pages

Saturday 3 February 2018

A duvet day.

When the weather is bad and, lets face it, just lately it has been, there's not much you can do but cosy up on the bed with some cats, the laptop and some knitting. It took me nearly a year to make these first socks! They were ripped bak and restarted too many times to think about. Once finished though, I felt ready to tackle more.
I found an easier pattern with less stitches and these soks have taken less than a week! They would have been finished in a couple of days, but I made a fair isle pattern for the top which didn't work out, so I wasted a lot of time reworking that. In the end I opted for the most basic fair isle stitch as these socks are a present for my lovely man's birthday next week!
The wet weather has driven all the cats inside. Bambam loves to snuggle with Manchee and his blankets :D
Dexter has been making a determined effort to break in to the house by sneaking in behind the other cats. I muddle him up with up with Bambam all the time and he's managed to get half way in. During the day, that's not a good idea as Manchee still barks at him and would give chase if he could! Last night though, I let him in. It was very cold and although he has a duvet and two hot water bottles, it felt mean to shut him out.
Fae adores him, so long as he remembers his place.
So here we have all 7 cats in one room. The sofas are covered with towels and blankets in case of an accident and a quiet night was had by all. I slept very well knowing they were all snuggled together :D
For the most part, this is Dexter's bedroom. He has a very cosy bed that Finn often shares with him, away from those silly girl cats ;) I think he's very happy to have found us and I know that I'm really happy to have him. He makes me smile and laugh so much <3

9 comments:

  1. I used to have a dogs bed like that, 3 Springers, a Westie and my little Ben. I did once find the youngest granddaughter in the middle, sound asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's it like as a human sitting on the floor then?! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I squeeze in between them, never on the floor ;)

      Delete
  3. The puppies are keeping warm with their blankets and a space heater. Sometimes when the heater isn't enough they break into the bedroom and wake me to ask if they can sleep with David and me. It's funny that they are so polite to ask first. I usually say yes and they sleep at the bottom of the bed. We have a waveless waterbed with a heater so it's always warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Leeanna, your bed sounds wonderful, no wonder they're polite.x

      Delete
  4. Oh, all those lovely little fur balls! How wonderful! I love the photo of Bambam and Manchee!! So cute! And your socks do look wonderful, congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bambam, loves the dog boys! Thank you Rain.xxx

      Delete
  5. Seven. My six are a handful but I wouldn't trade a single one. They make my life complete. Weather here is wet and windy, and I am wishing for snow. Sigh. Your socks look terrific! I need to make another pair, after the shawl I suppose. Not enough time or energy in the day.

    ReplyDelete