Pages

Thursday 11 January 2018

A bit of fun.

Just lately I've been waking as exhausted as if I'd skipped a night and gone straight into another day. I'm just not getting enough rest due to hot sleepless nights (thank you hormones) and worries about how the animals are coping in this rain and mud.
This morning I dragged myself out to feed the ponies and it was such a bright, sunny morning that I was in no hurry to go back inside. I told T that I would be in shortly, but what started as an idea quickly got out of hand. I started digging a little drainage channel so that the area around the hay rack could drain and give the ponies a break from the mud. Two hours later, the area was draining very nicely but so was my energy!
Very rarely does the Fibro show up physically but my hands were like balloons all day and by evening the back of my left hand was purple with a bruise. That was a bit of a warning, I guess, but I still managed 10 rows of knitting! I think it actually helps with the swelling (I'm convincing myself, haha).
Sometimes when I can't knit, I go to Youtube for inspiration or just to learn something new.
This however, I doubt I'll try. I have accidents cooking normally without combining it with knitting, let alone Fair Isle!!!  It's fun to watch though and I love the lady talking with passion about her art. She is sooo fast though!

Have a look and see what you think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKDA63_DT4shttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKDA63_DT4s

6 comments:

  1. I tend to work at physically demanding tasks well past the point where my body is suggesting its time to quit. Still, the sense of achievement is great, even when aching muscles take over.
    "Pace yourself'--so I'm told. its hard to learn that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. I do hope you hands get better soon. I watched the video you shared and my, she does knit so fast and must have her pattern memorized! I love the knitting belt she's wearing, too. Wishing you all the best and happy knitting. Pat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Goddess!! You're like me. I get to feeling good and I overdo without warning too. That's why my doctor says no matter what, if I feel good, I am not to do anything that would make me pay for it later with pain. Most of the time I never listen because these things need to get done. No one will do it for me. Oh well.
    That lady lady is fast. I could never learn from her. I found another video that teaches Fair Isle slowly.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YigmhhyQEM&t=228s

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I LOVE that belt she has! What a great idea! I have trouble with the needles sometimes, I get shoulder and neck pain if it's not just at the right height. I'm going to have to rig something up for myself! :)

    Oh Yarrow, I'm sorry about your hands...but I know how you feel. When you have the energy you want to do things. I started a yoga program in late December and had to quit after 5 days because my hands were killing me from those downward moves...it's been nearly 3 weeks and they still feel stiff, but I don't want to stop typing, knitting, cooking...maybe I'm making it worse! Oh, and yeah...lovely hot flashes, I'm getting them too, ugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you overdid things so with your hands, but it sounds like a job well done. I hope you have managed to stay painfree the rest of the month.

    I struggle with the lacemaking - on a table it is the wrong height and makes my neck and shoulders very sore, yet on my lap it's a bit low. I will have to either stand up or find the right height.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you friends for commenting, it's always good to hear from you.x

    ReplyDelete