Pages

Wednesday 4 July 2018

Whoosh!

Well June certainly flew by me in a massive rush! The weather suddenly turned very scorchio and I decided that it was the perfect time to wash and very importantly dry my stash of fleeces.

So my studio started out like this.
 I did a lot of this (look at those curls!).
 And now the studio looks like this! Time for a massive clear up session! The trouble is, see the cupboard door half open and wedged with the chair? It was holding my vacuum packed fleeces and all was well until a couple of bags failed and the door popped open!  If I can't vac pack these fleeces, I can't store them!
 At the beginning of june we managed a quick trip to Pontivy and had a lovely dinner out. It was a wonderful evening and I adore these bright umbrellas.
 Back in the studio I fanally managed to do something I've been wanting to for sooo long. I started painting on the slate from the land around us.
 I had in my mind a method of wire wrapping the slate so that it can be hung on the wall and I've totally fallen in love with this method.
 I even like the back design. I'll be wrapping everything in wire if I'm not careful!
I've been doing a lot of jam and chutney making as well. Fruit is cheap at the moment so it has to be used up.
Lots of bottled oranges too.
Our two cherry trees have given us a good haul and there are still enough berries to keep the birds happy :D
I hope July will go a little slower as I'm worn out after all my labours. I do have to fit in cleaning the outside walls though and that's not a job I'm looking forward to!

5 comments:

  1. I tried cherry trees but they did not like the garden, my plum trees are loaded though. We will have a good crop of apples and the Jostaberry has branches propped up they are so heavily laden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our house already had an established orchard so we're working to bring many of the trees back to life, Pam :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your slate paintings. What a great idea. I hope you get your fleece sorted out. The fruits you are preparing are so lovely in their bright colors. I'm sure they taste delicious, too. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lilly's Mom, I love little paintings, fun and stress free :D

      Delete
  4. Thank for providing good information for site,Thanks for your sharing.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete