Pages

Monday 9 July 2018

Big difference.

What a difference a good nights sleep makes. I watched the youtube I posted yesterday again before going to sleep and it seemed to seep into my mind. I got out my permaculture book this morning and started the chapter on water harvesting.
All of my answers were there on the page. I need to organise my plants and beds around a water system. I'd love a couple of ponds, but T needs a little convincing. He doesn't say no to anything, he likes to think it through, but I know when an idea is pushing him when he says nothing at all. If I give him space to think it through, he sometimes comes up with a compromise or his idea of how something will fit in. I love his approach to problem solving, it's never negative unless it's something that really won't work and even I can see the truth in it when he points out the flaws in a plan.

Moomin and her brother are going back to the UK for a couple of months to see their friends. It's a gentle cutting of the apron strings for us all as they move on with their lives. This move to France was never going to be a permanent one for them, but they both wanted a year out of studies and a chance for a French adventure. They'll be back for Autumn and then off again for Christmas and New Year parties, they have so much fun to look forward to :D
 The weather is still very Scorchio, but so it is in many countries at the moment! Of course, many  people I know back home have had a hot month and are now worried because they need the rain! My mum has even been told to expect a hosepipe ban! Seriously, after 1 month???

Most nights we take the dogs down to the lake and Walley has a lovely swim. Manchee will dip his toes, but he's not keen on all over wet! I've been in up to my knees and the water is so warm. I'd love to swim, but this part of the lake has strong currents.
 Bambam has the perfect way to cool down! She's changed so much since we've moved. She's extremely relaxed and is so visibly happy. She won't like it when the young people aren't here though, she struggled with that last time and pined for them. At least she has Walley to cuddle now that she's fallen in love with him <3



4 comments:

  1. Walley looks like he's enjoying the water. Love the pictures. Quiet country life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walley is a water baby, Leeanna, as am I :F

      Delete
  2. We have taken a hint from this current weather and will be digging a pond in the top garden once it is cleared. It will be small but deep at one end, the natural slope will aid that greatly. My makeshift bird bath is getting lots of visitors, hopefully they will remember to call again next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want a pond, Pam, we have so many little creatures that would love it (including myself ;) )

      Delete