Pages

Monday 30 July 2018

Anxiety.

It's an old companion is anxiety. Not a welcome one I have to add. I've not had it much since living in France but the last couple of mornings I been woken by it and then the pain in my shoulder takes over and I lie still, breathing slowly to calm down. Sometimes I realise that I have a lot to be anxious about, all that we've taken on here and the huge gamble that we can pay for everything and live good lives. Other days I'm almost running outside to greet the challenges.

Yesterdays post was a bit of a whinge, I suppose, but I'll leave it there for now as it's not as awful as some posts I've read by others!

Today I'll be taking it a little more easy. I have some spinning to do later and maybe some more tiny knitting. I love this, it's such fun.
 I made the tiny needles from cocktail sticks. I might try a tiny garment soon. Knitting for faeries ;)
 I finally got around to washing the filthy Oessant fleeces that I picked up months ago. What delight this one is. It's soooo soft and squishy.
 The ram fleece is odd. It has lots of coarse hairs, but the rest is really soft. I'll probably do some felting with it. I fancy making a black wolf! Now that should take my mind off things :D

11 comments:

  1. I would dearly love to own a spinning wheel one day...but with joint issues have a real fear of it causing pain...does spinning help or hinder your troubles? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that if I spin a little and rest in between, I can build up to do more. I also use a drop spindle which is fine, but I'm moving towards a supported spindle, which is less strain on my shoulder.

      Delete
    2. Interesting...spoke to a spinner today at local show...will now research supported spindles thank you! x

      Delete
  2. Tiny knitting??? OMG! That is sooo cute!! Knitting sweaters for fairies, and with toothpicks no doubt. Are those beads on the ends of the toothpicks? That is just too cute!
    I do hope your anxiety eases off and goes away. I have a friend who suffers from anxiety and depression. She calls it the black dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I understand the black dog, I call mine the pit!
      I love tiny knitting and I'm hooked on it now :D

      Delete
  3. My maternal line has a dominant 'anxiety gene'--we do it quite well. We can take a fairly ordinary concern and dwell on it until it assumes staggering proportions, or we can manufacture a worry. My sister describes it as always 'waiting for the other shoe to drop.' I suppose its a lack of some trace element in our blood or a particular kink in the brain--its sobering to see how it has persisted through generations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I do understand that feeling, MM. I try to deal with it, but as I'm sure you know, that's not always possible!

      Delete
  4. Sorry you were down yesterday - we all have days like that. As for the anxiety, yup, that's familiar. Tam is particularly affected by it, bless her. As Sharon said, it could just be a lack of trace element which makes things seem worse than they are. I hope that a good night's sleep will see you on an even keel again and have fun making your black wolf - or even a black bear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleep is my best healer, thank you BB. A black bear would be nice too :D x

      Delete
  5. You have such a lot of things going on in your life and yet cope beautifully. Love the stories about your horses, spinning and knitting tiny clothes for the fairies. I got a book on the subject once but it was incredibly intricate miniature knitting. You can give your fairies a pair of pins with cotton knitting on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Thelma, I appreciate your kind thoughts, and so do the fairies ;)

    ReplyDelete