Pages

Friday 29 December 2017

What to leave and what to take.



There are only a couple of days left of this year, and maybe some people are thinking of New Year's resolutions and some are wondering why they ever bothered. We often give up our resolutions after a week or so, because they're just too hard to stick to, right? I've often made resolutions that are way out of my control, regardless of the bestest intentions while sat full of Christmas food and wine and wishing that I'd indulged a little less. I'll get slimmer, fitter, earn more and be better at everything I try!  When you've overindulged it's never the time to make resolutions, if that's even what you want to call them.
From now on, I want to focus only on what I learnt from last year. What served me well, what lessons did I learn and what do I never want to repeat again? There are too many for me to list here so I'll keep it simple.

I discovered so much about my art and my work ethic this year. What I want to do is very different from the passion that flows through my veins. I have always wanted to paint and sculpt, but this year I've learnt that there is art in so many things I do, from baking bread to raising plants from seed and even from pruning an old tree in the hope of bringing it back to new life. Art is something I feel and breath, not always something I put down on paper.

So what am I leaving behind? Well, for me, I guess, everything. I've pretty much left all my baggage behind in the UK. I finally walked away from the things that were bringing me down found a new life, a new focus and haven't looked back since.
Looking forward, I face many adventures, many challenges and as far as I can see, many happy days full of hard work and rewards.  Bring it on :D


8 comments:

  1. Bring it on. Those three words say that I;ve handled so much in my life. So just throw it at me and see what sticks and what bounces off me. I'll bet most of it bounces.
    Thank you for the kind words on my blog, dear. I love hearing about your life experiences in France. I was but a small child of four years old when I lived in Paris. I still remember it like it fondly. 1959 was a wonderful year back then. My parents were at a new years eve party and our nanny fell asleep. My little sister and I ventured out in the snow in our pj's to go for a walk. A gendarm saw us and took us to the station. I spoke perfect french back then. It was so funny to us because my mother and father came home and found the police and a frantic nanny. Mom fired the nanny on the spot and next thing you know the gendarm who found us brought us home and all the fun stopped. I can tell you one thing. I did love living in Paris even if I was just a child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Yarrow! :) It's a very good feeling to say I've left behind what was bringing me down - and mean it. :) I feel the same way! :) I don't do resolutions. They are too spur of the moment, not planned out well, and really just kind of like peer pressure don't you think? I prefer to resolve to live the best, most healthy, happy and creative life I can every day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you so positive. Sounds like a great outlook to me. I could do with leaving some baggage behind as well! I am hoping once we move I/we will be able to do just that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! You are a wonder and a wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great story Leeanna :D
    I love your life ethic Rain, it's very similar to mine.x
    Thank you for dropping by Serenata.
    Wow, Kim, thank you so much.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post, yes we all need to leave negativity behind and start the new year fresh! Loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Yarrow :)
    Love the detail in the photo, so pretty!
    Happy New Year, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Chris, here's to both of us having a good start to the new year.
    Hot Guys, I don't know what to say! Thanks?

    ReplyDelete