Pages

Sunday 10 December 2017

Ouch.

So tonight I fell over. I've been really good and managing to get everything done that needed to be done, but I guess I overdid it! I sat down to start knitting some presents and fell fast asleep, under the duvet with Bambam purring beside me. I really should have stayed there. Moomin and her brother sorted the ponies with T, but the alarm went off for the bread and I roused myself, probably a bit too soon.  Walley needed to go out for a wee and that was fine, but on the return I slipped on some mud and ploughed along the drive on my hands and knees. To most people that would be enough, but the shock caused a big old muscle pain and I was very sorry for myself. Not to stay down for long, I consoled myself with a chunk of a fruity breakfast bun! It helped a lot!

 The white loaf was also very good and not quite as burnt as it looks in this picture. I'm finally getting the hang of this oven.

In a couple of days it will be the 10 year anniversary of when I lost my beloved Oliver.  He was all I ever dreamed of in a horse. We were best friends, confidantes and soul mates. I still feel the pain of his leaving as badly as when he first went. I don't live with it daily, but sometimes the loss just hits me. A great big absence of feeling.
I'm giving him Reiki in this picture and he loved it. I would hold my hands out and he would just put his head where he wanted. It's a bad picture of me, but he looks so gorgeous <3
 We had so much love and trust between us. We spent 20 very happy years in each others company, often riding but also just hanging out.
 This was a very special day for us with so much love and joy.

4 comments:

  1. Oliver is so handsome! It's always so sad to lose a loved one especially when their time with us is so limited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some scars never quite heal...but it's usually worth the love we shared x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...Oliver, what a dear. I'm sorry for your loss. Those memories will always be with you, the pain never goes away though, it just becomes slightly more manageable with time I guess. Gosh Yarrow, now you're the one who keeps getting hurt every time I miss reading your blog!!! I hope I didn't jinx you!!!

    ReplyDelete