Pages

Sunday 17 December 2017

A little help from my friends.

Thank you all so much for your kind words, friends are just as important whether in the same room or across continents :D

I was struggling but then discovered that I could get You tube on my tv and listened to the Sergeant Pepper Film soundtrack as I pottered about doing little bits of work in between rests.  It cheered me up so much, I loved the film when I was young, but looking back now, it was so incredibly cheesey!!!

Having Fibro sometimes drags me down and then I go through the stages of misery, anger and acceptance. After the acceptance I usually pull myself out of it and get back up to fight again. I'm not as bad as some people I know and if I manage everything sensibly, I can live a pretty good life. Most of the time I'm fine and coasting along quite happily, but that silly fall last week just tipped me over the edge.
 I don't think it helped either that Wednesday was the 10th Anniversary of when I lost my beautiful Oliver. He was the most amazing horse and we had 20 very happy years together. It was because of him that I became an Equine Reiki master, as I wanted to support him in his twilight years. As he got older, the more he asked for treatments.
 I only had to put my hands out and he would put his head where he wanted to feel the Reiki. As often as not he would run away and leave me feeling daft and rejected! He had a wicked sense of humour ;)

So having got through a hellish few days, I asked T to help me improve how we feed the ponies. They've been wasting so much hay in the mud. He came up with these lovely hay mangers and made two in a day.
 At first the ponies were wary, but soon got the hang of eating from them. This has changed our routine so much for the better that I can even manage to do the feeds by myself if I have to. Although, I haven't had to this week as everyone has helped so much while I recovered <3
Yesterday, someone, probably Flash (far left in this picture) went through two strands of electric fencing probably after a fight over hay and manger rights!!!

We were sat contemplating the decoration of our little Christmas tree when Manchee started barking and just wouldn't stop. After yelling at him a bit, we all heard the thundering of hooves and got to the front door in time to see the ponies galloping across the garden and into the field behind. They did a lap of the houses at the end of the road and came back up the road, hooves clattering and mud flying to stop at the lush grass in the orchard garden. We quietly caught them with buckets of food and put them away again. Well it wouldn't be the weekend without a break out of some kind!!!


Edited to add. I'm such a doughnut that I blogged twice about Oliver, I guess it shows how much he's been on my mind this week!!!

3 comments:

  1. The ponies are very good Houdinis aren't they? I'm so glad you are doing much better. This week is going to be a little warmer and the sun will be out and so will I. I'm taking my pineapple plants and lemon trees outside for much needed sun. They have been inside in my dining room because of the cold weather. Next year they will be too big for me to carry so I'm going to have David make a green house for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how lovely to have pinapple and lemon trees <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say that too, I'm such a doughnut lol...blogging about Oliver is wonderful, don't even think about that!! I love that you helped him with Reiki. Oh gosh, the ponies breaking out...I think your feeding manger is a brilliant idea, way to go T! :) Should make life a little easier!

    ReplyDelete