Pages

Monday 10 February 2020

Stormy!

Storm Ciara has been causing havoc in Brittany as well as Britain and living on a hill we've felt her full force!
The cats have all retreated into the warmth of our solid stone house and although we have no proper heating, they do provide us with cosy neck-warmers, lol!!! Although Piper is making it very hard to type and she loves to stick her butt in my face!!! What is that all about???

Taliesin has made himself totally at home and Finn will cuddle anybody!!!
This is what I'm struggling with this week and I will admit that I hate it! I'm working to a strict brief which if anything has really stilted my creativity! I've changed the horses feet and legs as the snow was obscuring the shape but the problem is the ice! The client wants warmer colours but that doesn't fit with the reference so I've literally ground to a halt! I still need to work on the people in the sleigh instead of leaving them blank!. If it was up to me, I would throw a lot of white paint around and create something a little more impressionist!!! Perhaps I'll be a rebel and do that anyway!!!!


4 comments:

  1. Listen to your inner self. You'll be happier with the result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she is right. It took me a while to do the same and I'm quite happy. I love seeing your art. I wish I had a scanner so I could show my art. I think David took the old copy/printer scanner and junked it. It was dying a really slow agonizing death. BTW, I like your new title. It sounds more in tuned with nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leanna, I use my phone for quick art uploads. I would love to see your artwork :D xxx

      Delete