Pages

Sunday 9 February 2020

A fresh start.


Oooh, that feels sooo good. A new start and the freedom to talk from the heart. The old blog had a few followers from my private life and I don't care to share my thoughts with them so this is a compromise without losing all of the stories that led me to this point in my life.  Thank you to everyone who left a comment and thank you for sticking with me and my sporadic posting!

Today the wind is howling outside and I'm watching the old cherry tree as it tilts ever closer to the ground. It may not come down this time, but I know it's days are numbered. I'm sad as it's beautiful, but ever practical, I'm thinking of all that lovely firewood!  We'll replace it with an apple as the old apple trees are also falling one by one!

I managed to watch an episode of Gardeners World on Friday night and Monty was talking about Espalier apple trees. I'm in love! I think I'll have a couple alongside the Potager and they'll be the perfect height for the horses to grab as they walk past, haha :D


So why did I choose Woodwife as my new blog name? If you look it up online, the definition varies from sweet woodland spirit to dangerous hag! Well, I guess I can see both aspects in myself but mostly my reason is because of my passion for the woods and this beautiful land we live in. I walk the woodlands every day with our dogs and it renews me and fills me with peace while taking away the noise in my head. I find it so healing and magical here <3





No comments:

Post a Comment