Pages

Monday 30 April 2018

Free-ish wool.

This is the wool I traded the baby blanket for. The top bag is pure Oessant, a mix of more than one ewe and I have a small bag of rams wool, which is pretty coarse but lovely colours. I'll make a rug from the rams wool and see how much soft undercoat is in this bag for gloves maybe and a hat or two. I've never made hats, so that's going to be a challenge. I think this wool would be lovely for my needlefelt creatures too :D
This is the other bag! Well, what can I say? A couple of yearling fleeces with this gorgeous long staple. I love it.
The other fleeces are great too. The sheep are a Texel/charollais cross and their wool is sooo soft and cloudlike. I think I got lucky and have asked if I could buy a lamb or two next year - shhh, that's a secret ;)
I've started making a book with my tests and experiments in. I'll translate some of it to French so that I can take it to shows with me as I'll never remember it all in French if I'm asked!
The wonderful Romney that I dyed with henna is spinning a treat. It really is my favourite fleece.
I'll be getting on with this later today. But first I have a hedge to cut!

4 comments:

  1. a lot of fleece for lots of projects, I love your sample bits :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lot should keep you quiet for quite a while. Your plans sound to be coming together well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Dawn and BB, I'm getting busier all the time :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is one of the most significant information for me.
    And i’m glad reading your article.
    But should remark on some general things, the web site style is perfect,
    the articles is really great : D. Good job…
    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete