Pages

Monday 18 July 2016

Is Summer here?

What better way is there to spend a scorching hot day? We went on our favourite coastal walk and the dogs had fun in the water as usual. This bridge reminds me so much of the style of Hayao Miyazaki, the artist best known for his work with Studio Ghibli. I could well imagine this bridge featuring in Totorro or Sprirted Away.
The dogs love trotting across it.
The water isn't exactly clean along the edges and when the tide goes out, the mud is really stinky. Of course, Walley loves to leap into mud or water!!!
At least they could clean off here, far nicer than sitting in the car with tummy turning, sulphur smelling dogs!
The heat has been great for my Elderflower champagne, which is still bubbling away after more than 5 weeks! I hope that means it'll be strong! Last years was but a little too sweet.
I have a lovely tangle of slow worms living under my front step. There are only three in this picture but there were more to start with. I assume they've moved on or are more shy! Their nest can't be that big now that they're growing so rapidly. They sleep under the doormat, so I've had to put a sign on it in case anyone should step on them!
 I've been baking bread lately, a lot of bread! A wholemeal loaf.
 a fruit bread,
a cob and a rustic wholemeal cob.  On the list to be made next is french bread. It can't be that difficult, can it?

No comments:

Post a Comment