Pages

Sunday 16 April 2023

Very strange!

 For some reason Blogger is playing up and won't let me sign in to reply to your comments on my last post!

It seems that I can publish a new post, but not comment, so I'm sorry if it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not.

Thank you for your comments on my last post 💗

This week has not been the best, I've been working hard on getting the farm up together but I've had too many days away from my actual work, running erands and delivering plants to people on my FB group. I did however end up with some lovely alpaca fibre as a donation to the spinning guild. No one else came to the meeting so I snaffled the alpaca but still have a car full of wool for everyone else! Last year one of my spinning buddies died and her husband is slowly clearing out her craft room, hence the huge stash of wool.

Some friends have asked me to return to one of the local markets to sell my wool and jewellery, so maybe I might make a little money that way and I can also promote the farm and the products that I want to sell direct from the gate, like eggs and surplus veg and salads. My new poly tunnel goes up this week, so I can get planting and have a supply of foods to sell. 

My first clutch of ducklings (aka the raptors) are nearly 3 weeks old and doing really well. The second clutch was really successful with another 50% hatch rate, apparently that's good for a beginner! Only one of the goslings survived though, so maybe in the future I'll get it a companion. At the moment it's in with the tiny Pekins (aka the Buffys, as that's what was on TV when the first one hatched!) who love it deeply, we're calling her Hank (honk!) but we have no idea what sex she really is. She is very delicate though. I'll get a picture up and add it from my phone.



For next week I've totally cleared the diary so that I can focus on the business of actually making money!

Hugs to you all 💗


4 comments:

  1. You sound very busy! And with a lot of ideas and ventures to explore. Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with it all! You have a lot going on, mostly good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, is there anything any cuter than baby ducklings! I've decided to sell my bonnets and aprons at our local farmer's market starting May 5th. Will be nice to earn a little spending money. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yarrow, I am so sorry to hear what happened to one of your buddies last year.

    Those ducklings are so cute!

    I really like what you said about tea, chat, and magic in your profile.

    I love sipping on a hot cup of tea, and meeting new people I can chat with here in blogland. Furthermore, I love magic but, of course I would seeing I am a Witch.

    ReplyDelete