Pages

Tuesday 13 November 2018

Making myself do it!

Walk that is! After planning my route around the lake, everything around me held me back from actually getting out to build up some strength. Yesterday I made myself go. I took the dogs and the Moomin who is back from the UK for a few months before leaving for good. It's been a difficult time, facing that empty nest but the work around our little farm has kept me from dwelling on it too much.

The canal is a great place to start building my muscles as it's the only really flat place to walk around here. We did a usual route at quite a pace and I felt so much better after.
Today I'm going to tackle a more hilly walk and will be taking the dogs alone. It's too strenuous for young legs, apparently! She had her birthday last week and I can't believe she's now 20! Where did all those years go?
I'm not getting maudlin, I'm getting the dogs and heading out the door :D

8 comments:

  1. It's great that you are working out. Since it's so cold out and the wind is making it colder, I'm staying in and walking the treadmill. The park track will have to wait without me today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leeanna, a treadmill would suit me so that I could indulge my love of youtube while I walk! I love learning new things online :D

      Delete
  2. Good that you have started to walk. I have been doing the same, while house sitting for my son as he lives near a canal and it has been lovely walking along it. I am in a lot of pain at the end of each walk, but by the morning my legs are back to their 'normal' level of pain, so they are not getting worse which is good. I now need to find somewhere a bit more pleasant to walk around home, but unfortunately with the M25 so close, it is not so pleasant as there is always a constant roar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Serenata, a friend of mine has been very unwell and now has fibromyalgia and she's off walking 14kilometers a day! It's very underated, I think. I hope you find somewhere good to walk.

      Delete
  3. It's amazing how willing oneself to do something is usually followed by a sense of better well being. Good for you for being committed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great walk!! I"m happy you got up and went. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful here, Rain :D

    ReplyDelete