Pages

Wednesday 15 August 2018

Pulled.

I sometimes feel like I'm being pulled in different directions and the essential me gets diluted as I try to hold it together. This isn't a complaint as I only realise it's happened when something snaps me back into place. The weather has begun to drift into cooler mornings and the scent of Autumn creeps up on us as we go about the late night feeding routine. That's when I begin to feel like me again. I start working on wool projects in my mind, plan the next square for my cushions and think about lovely thick blanckets to snuggle under.

Yesterday started cool and damp, but soon the day blossomed into a hot summers day. We had a full on morning of cooking as we prepared to entertain our largest family group yet. Seven of T's family have come over together from the UK and his brother and wife have driven up from La Rochelle to see our house and meet the animals.

I made courgette and sundried tomato soda bread.
 A white loaf.


Four quiches, all vegetarian.
 And this is how it all looked put together. I didn't have time for photos as everything came out of the oven because it was like a conveyor belt. Cook it, cool it, cover with tea towels until serving!
 Everyone had a lovely time and I had some lovely compliments on my cooking and even a suggestion that some things would sell well at market. What high praise indeed :D
 While the adults rested after lunch, T's nephews helped with feeding the horses and they were such willing helpers. It was a lovely day and the first of many :D
Today I'm planning on some knitting in between feeding horses and pampering my little seedlings, have a lovely one all.x

3 comments:

  1. I too love the changing seasons...the anticipation of what is to come...plotting and planning can oft be the best bit after all! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a great spread and how lovely to have lots of family over to share some time with.

    I am in a way looking forward to autumn, as it means that I can do more crafting and it will be cooler so I can get out walking regularly again too. This hot weather has done for me. I am sure you are planning a zillion new tomato plants for next season!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yarrow :)) I'm slowly crawling back to Blogger and I wanted to stop by and say hello!!! Your feast looks awesome, boy that's a lot of work!!! I'm glad it was a success!! Take care of yourself my friend, oh autumn...I felt it in the air yesterday morning! :)

    ReplyDelete