Pages

Friday 21 July 2017

Oh heck! (and that's being polite!)

I've been back less than a week and things seem to have hit a good deal of stumbling blocks. To say that I'm stressed is a huge understatement, but I am. It's the feeling of not being in control that's the worst part.
Six weeks ago, all parties concerned agreed on a date for completion and that date is ten days away. It seems that we're not going to make that date and it's frustrating the hell out of me! Yesterday I was in danger of developing stress related Turettes!!!

Lets look at some photos of the house and calm down before another round of phone calls begins.
We have about 6 apple trees all varying in age and condition. 
We also have two walnut trees and a couple of cherry trees :D

In our favourite town of Guemene, there are at leat three wash houses where traditionally women would gather to do the laundry.
The atmosphere is so hushed and almost waiting for the chatter to resume. I can see myself sitting here to do some sketching when I'm in need of inspiration.
This washhouse had been renovated with a typical Breton roof of tiny tiles.
In the water running from the central wash area there were lots of tiny purple/blue dragonflies. You can just see one on the leaf in the center of this picture.

Back in the main part of Guemene, there are lots of old and empty houses. 
I think I may be painting some of these in time.

Back to my garden, I have my very own standing stone! It's not very big, about the size of a milking stool, but it's a good spot to sit in and sketch. I drew plans for the gardens while I was sitting here.

The main garden is sooo overgrown now, but we can't wait to get stuck into tidying it up and adding our own plants.

However, first on the list of essential items is to put a toilet in the bathroom!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Yarrow :) I'm sorry for your stress...I can relate to that lack of control issue. Situations like that are very hard on me and Alex too. You are moving to an extremely lovely place!! I love the wash house!!! And lucky you to have fruit trees too! :) I hope things settle soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rain, for the support.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.

    ผลบอล

    ReplyDelete