Pages

Friday 1 January 2016

Yule and wool.

The Polwarth saga continues. I passed it through the drum carder and it began to show promise of turning out ok after all.
Bambam helped me!
The wool cabinet was given a French makeover complete with little muslim curtains to hide the chaos inside! I'm very happy with it :D
Christmas was bitter sweet for me. I found myself once again alone on my path and maybe the upset of that or  it was the continuous damp weather, but for some reason I found myself in the middle of a Fibro flare. Not much walking happened over the holiday period. My hands and feet have swollen and I found it all a bit much to take.  My lovely children (young adults now) stepped in and saved everything.  We had a wonderful time, even though my planned days of knitting and spinning had to be put on hold. 

I did manage to do some wet felting with the Polwarth, thinkings it's softness would redeem the effort of cleaning it, but alas, still some tiny particles of hay and dirt clung to it to mar the finished piece.  I won't give up and the next post will be about a gorgeous corset fit for a Snow Queen :D

No comments:

Post a Comment