Pages

Sunday 16 December 2018

Bouncing back.

I have to admit that lately my mojo has well and truly gone. However, it is returning slowly. Although the day had been looming for some time, taking my sweet Moomin back to the UK hit me far harder than I thought and the stress of the journey with her and then returning by myself has knocked me back more than a bit. However, just before we left, I managed to squeeze in a Christmas market. It was my first in France and it was a very quiet affair, aimed at building my confidence and quietly putting our name out there for future courses.
I was astonished at the warmth of the welcome and at the popularity of my paintings. I can see that the horses are of great interest to people here and the pictures were very popular. I sold several prints and some felted items. Most importantly though, I made some great contacts for next year including a very nice lady with sheep for sale (oops, don't tell T!). So all in all, a far more successful day than I was expecting :D
Yesterday and today was spent dealing with some pheasants and a couple of partridges that T's Dad got for us in England. They travelled on the ferry in a cool box and I was very grateful not to have my car searched! 8 birds in the freezer is a good feeling.
I don't just love birds, I adore them all and I saved many of the beautiful feathers and felt a little tearful when I had to take off the wings and feet. It was almost a push towards becoming a vegetarian!!!
However, I know full well that when I sit down to eat, my faithless heart will forget the guilt and I'll enjoy every mouthful!!! I hope I don't offend anyone, but what can I say? I'm so weak!

5 comments:

  1. You are entitled. Don't feel guilty. The idea that you found a woman who wants to sell her sheep is awesome. You would have a great wool supply. I went to see my family doctor and he recommended something to cut my pain until I see my pain doctor on Friday. I'm going to be giving that pain doctor a piece of my mind when I see him. When you find something that helps your skin and hair would you please share with us. I'm at my itchy wits end. Oatmeal only works for a while and then I'm back to square one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to let you know, Leeanna. It's driving me mad right now!

      Delete
  2. There are many times when I'm tempted to go full blown vegetarian as well, but I do love fish and chicken...I guess I'm weak too! :) Your crafts are LOVELY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love vegetarian food, Rain, so I try to balance it all out.x

      Delete
  3. First, thanks for visiting my blog (Woodland Junction). I was unable to respond to your kind messages as you are a "No-Reply Blogger" and you wouldn't have received it. You can Google how to fix that problem and get step by step instructions on how to do so.

    As to your post, I haven't eaten red meat or pork for many years since it is so high in cholesterol. But I do occasionally eat turkey
    or chicken and eat a lot of salmon, salads and soups.

    ReplyDelete