Pages

Sunday 5 July 2020

Catching up.

Good morning and happy Sunday dear bloggers.

I've found that blogging from my phone has it's own challenges, especially as my phone loads the photos any which way it wants!!!

A couple of weeks ago our darling Taliesin developed an enormous abscess on his cheek. This picture was after getting back from the vet who drained the abscess. It quickly filled back up and Talie was in a terrible state. He slept beside us for the entire week he was ill!
A few days into the treatment the abscess exploded!!! The white bedding went straight into the washing machine and Talie went straight into the bath. Mainly because the smell of the blood made me feel so sick and it was all over him! He didn't mind too much because he loves water!
We've been doing a lot of decorating inside the house and finally it was in a nice enough state that I could take a day out to practice painting roses. I love all the roses in my garden, so I really felt the need to paint some. It's a rough start, but I'll get there!
In typical Brittany fashion, last night we had a big power cut just as we were starting supper!
My little fireplace looked so sweet with the candles but you know, it's a pretty ugly surround and it keeps all the heat from the fire inside so very soon, we'll be bashing it out! Our new woodburner is on order and I'm so excited to get a new heating system installed. 
Last winter was grim for me with the fibromyalgia as the house was not only cold but incredibly damp. This year, I'm already knitting lots of woolies to help with outside chores and inside should be lovely and cosy with our fire and back boiler to run the central heating!

I had a lot to say about the world and the state of everything we've been through globally, but right now, my brain is so weary of dealing with what I'm reading on social media. I think that will be another post.

Stay safe friends.x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Yarrow :) I think your roses are very pretty and well done! Your poor kitty! I hope he gets better soon. Jack often gets big blisters on his cheek and I use Vitamin E oil on them and they shrink down. So far that's worked for us. I think your fireplace looks very cozy! Here's to a great heating system! We have baseboard heaters but power here is so expensive so we're hoping to get our wood burning stove fixed up in the next few months so that we can heat with wood this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Talieson, I hope he's ok now. I love your painting of your roses. Deb - a regular reader, but not so regular at commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Rain, I'll give the vit E a go next time.x
    Deb, thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment.x

    ReplyDelete