Pages

Saturday 26 October 2019

Blog hopping.

I've been visiting some blogs today, it's helping to fight off a case of the blues. I'm having fun and getting some of my mojo back :D

Earlier I went Gleaning. This is the ancient tradition of peasants walking through the fields after harvest and picking up the leftovers. The field opposite was cut for corn on Friday and I saw my neighbour walking through with a sack, gathering up the last of the cobs. I guessed that it was probably ok for me to do the same and I still managed to find two large bucketfuls of corn and some already chopped corn and chaff. This chickens turned their noses up at first, but the ponies thoroughly enjoyed a few handfuls of the chaff. I now have 'treats' for them for the next few days.

Later I'm heading to the woods to pick up fallen branches. It's been so windy here lately that I'm sure to get some good ones. I simply don't see the point of paying for logs when we live on the edge of a forest, no one else goes up to collect any and it just rots on the ground. I know this is good for the wildlife, but they can spare me a few branches.

I've been back in the studio this week and did a little carving. It still has a long way to go!
 I started the sketch for this painting back in england! I needed to finish it and it helped get me back into painting.
 A sleepy squirrel is next to be painted.
Hope you're all having a lovely weekend.x

3 comments:

  1. Yarrow, thank you so much for visiting which brought me right over to your place. Just reading your little profile ("About me") paragraph has totally won me over. You are so talented and beautiful and live in a small village in Brittany, France, why, that alone sounds like a dream. Your drawing of the sleepy squirrel is adorable. I have a picture of a baby squirrel sleeping in my hands that looks so much like your drawing. Will be looking forward to your posts. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting, Henny Penny, and for such kind comments. You've quite made my day.x

      Delete
  2. I was going to stay offline today and just curl up under the blanket on the sofa and read. I got bored.

    ReplyDelete